Monday, September 22, 2008

The Blind are Driving?!?

Today, as I was driving home from work, I was behind a giant white SUV. And, as alot of cars now have, this one had sticker writing on the back. At first, I thought it was an advertisement. Then... I read it:

Warning: Blind Driver

That's right. It says warning, first of all, which is never a good sign. AND the driver is blind. BLIND. As in, they can not see.

I quickly put on my blinker to get around this crazy car.

I thought to myself? Who puts a blind person in the driver seat? Do they have special technology? Maybe I can see what this person looks like. Oooo no. I probably shouldn't stare. But, why not, not like they can see me. HEY. Why is the driver LOOKing at me. He's supposed to be blind. Hmm. I better slow down and get out of his line of vision. Or non vision. Or whatever.

Now, I am behind the SUV again. I read the sign again:

Warning: Blind Driver
American Blind Company

aW that's nice, a company for the blind.

Wait.

Oh. no.

Blinds. American Blinds company. This person is an installer or salesman of window blinds.

Oh Sheesh.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Britt- you just made this former teacher of the visually impaired choke laughing on her coffee! That was one of your best stories! Thanks for the smiles!
Love you and can't wait to see you soon!