Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tweet-Tweet Twittering

Now, hold on to your britches folks, because I am about to through you through another technological loop.

It's called "Twittering."

What, you ask, is twittering? Well, let me tell you.

It's basically the web's way of letting me talk to myself, and maybe, JUST maybe, you'll get a kick out of it.

Still don't get it? Well that's okay. My lovely Grandma reads this blog so I will explain it in her terms.

See right over to the right side of the screen? It says "Twitter updates." Whenever you come to the blog, make sure you check that column to the right, because I can update that little column SEVERAL times a day, and, (are you ready for this?) I can do it from my phone!

So, when I happen to have really weird things happen to me while at work, or in the store, or while driving... you, dear readers, are going to get to learn of it first hand! I send a text to a special number, and, VOILA, mini side blog of the interesting/not so interesting happenings of my day.

For all of you computer newbies, this is all you need to know.

If you want to take it a step farther, and you have text messaging on your phone, you can get a twitter account and "add," me, and you will get my updates sent to you as texts!!!!

Oh it's so wonderful.

For instance, MckMomma's, a blog I read, had to take her baby boy into the hospital, and I spent some of my morning in prayer for Baby Stellan. But, avast, when I had to make a run to publix, I couldn't very well lug my laptop on my shopping cart. Wouldn't you know though, as I was reaching for two cans of garbonzo beans, my phone beeped! It came, bearing tidings of great joy! Stellan was fine. And I could go about my shopping, feeling relieved and considerably less anxious about the state of this little boy.

Huzzah!

Now, don't you feel like saying Huzzah also?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Cool, Britt! It's a great way to have your wit around! Did I mention that we LOVED seeing your smiling face the other evening! We love you! How is Ian's phone? Tell me you didn't really drop it in water! Does rice work to dry it out? Seriously?