Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Opinion Please!

All right ya'll! I need your opinion on something.

My book club blog, (you didn't know I had a book club blog? Well I do! It was rather unsuccessful, hence this opinion post.) needs some revamping. Check Bound To Books out first!

The intention of starting the book club blog was to encourage myself to read more classics. I thought I would need alot more accountability, and a book club seemed like the perfect solution. Well, after a successful Fall (we read Jane Austen's Persuasion, John Steinbeck's The Pearl, and F Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.) Discussions were awesome, though it took awhile to figure out a format but then we took a break over the Christmas season, and petered out in the Spring.

So, my question is, what should I do with the site?

I could:

A.) keep it as a book club, and get it started again this fall.

B.) Nix the book club idea because people are so busy and instead, use it s a site for book reviews. If I did this, I would do some book reviews, and then ask some guest reviewers (you!) to chip in.

C.) Do a hybrid mix of the two ideas, with the main purpose to do book reviews on a more regular basis. The less dominant aspect of it, would be to have maybe one book per semester. So I would announce a book, we would go out and read it at some point that semester, and then we could comment at the end of the 3-4 month period.

So, What do you think? Which one would you most prefer, or are you not interested at all.

Let me know!

5 comments:

Marsha C said...

I vote for "C". I'm a slow reader and it takes me a while to get through a book. But I do love to read!

katie said...

I like C. It might let a student like me do some side reading for fun! And I love book reviews and book recommendations.

Kyle Scharf said...

i vote B and let me do a review of the old man who read love stories since nooooobody is reading it!

Kelley said...

I love hearing of new "must-read" books! So I would probably say c as well. that way it would have a variety of things on the blog!

Emily said...

I vote for C. I'm with your mom on this- I'm a slow reader only because I'm juggling the schedules of four kiddos. However, I liked reading the classics with a group and getting other people's insights on a book. I do miss reading with a group!