Monday, January 18, 2010

Gotcha Day!

Today, was our "Gotcha Day."

Not to steal thunder away from all of those adoptive families.

I mean,

My 'baby' is not human.

And, in fact, is not alive.

But OH stinkin BOY, am I excited, because this baby:


Is mine!

Or, you know, "ours," with us being married and all.

But who I am I trying to fool?

It's mine.

I called dibbs.

And Ian doesn't really care, haha!

Lots of reading and fiddling, practicing and researching!

Speaking of research, I agonized over the Canon T1i and the Canon xsi, with the xsi being a step below the t1i but also being less expensive.

In the end, we chose the T1i so that it could take me further (since we'll be moving overseas,) and because of the live video option.

Now for research on a camera bag!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see some pictures :-) I think I'm going to have a party the day I get mine b/c I'll be so excited...so I understand why you refer to it as your baby. lol

~M~ said...

What a nice camera!!!

Brittne said...

I think i just drooled a little! Man I can't wait to get mine! In a about a month I will! (Birthday present to myself ;)) And have no fear i will probably do a post just like this one! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your "baby"!! :)

Kristin said...

so jealous!! i want a nice slr before the baby gets here!

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I'm so jealous! Excited for you, but jealous! Hopefully oneday soon, I'll have my own "Gotcha Day" :D

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Sweet!! You will love the DSLR world :) I have a rebel. It is fantastic!!!

Elizabeth said...

So happy for you my dear!!! I have a nikon and I just love it!! Enjoy, and have fun learning it all!!

Lauren said...

Woohoo! I love our Canon Rebel & I have already gotten so much use out of it! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! my hubby REALLY wants one too, but we'll see!
cant wait to see some great photos!

Alissa said...

I'm so jealous of all you girlies and your new cameras. I want to take a photography class soon so I can learn more.

Beth said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

This probably isn't a very nice thing to say, but. . . I'M SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! Hope you're having a wonderful time with your 'baby'!

Angela said...

Yahoooooooo Britt!!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you!!!! I have the XsI and love it-- LOVE the fact that you have the live video- how awesome! You will love that like your own little baby! I still remember when your mom and I got our FILM Rebel's!!! I have a jill*e camera bag and LOVE it! LOVE YOU!

Monogramchick said...

happy, happy gotcha day! that is one awesome camera....i'm off to mop the drool off my keyboard :)

Brian and Ashley said...

Oooh so pretty! You're gonna love it! Can't wait to see the pictures it will produce!