Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Early Morning Wake Up Call

It's 6 am here.

We've been up for an hour.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if we had somewhere to go or something to do today.

Instead, our plans include sitting at our computer all day, working on some papers.

Yes, this early morning wasn't on the agenda.

However, we had two wrong numbers call our phone at 4:30 and 5 this morning.

And am I the only one who automatically thinks "OH my gosh! Someone died!" And panic while trying to get the phone?

I hope not.

That was my first thought though.

Then my second thought was, "Who got engaged at 7 am eastern time?"

My friends all should be entering into the "I might be engaged any day now," stage.....even if they aren't.

Luckily, I'm a morning person. I LOVE mornings. I just hate the "wake up to alarms," part of a morning. So, once I'm up, I'm up, and will thoroughly enjoy my quiet morning.

Ian, however, is not a morning person. Usually he can fall right back asleep.

The humor in the situation can always be found though.

Such as the lovely conversation with my husband at 5:45am.

Me: Honey, you should go back to sleep.

Ian: Well, I'm trying to decide which is more important: eating breakfast or going back to sleep.

hahahaha

That man keeps me on my toes.

Sorry if this is a boring post.

Did I mention it was 6 am?

I may like mornings, but my brain's functioning ability does not.

10 comments:

Llama said...

I too am a morning person... just minus the alarm! You are too cute! Enjoy the day!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, I immediately panic if I get a call later than 10 or earlier than 8. That's funny that you got two wrong numbers call within a half hour of each other!

Kelley said...

any late night, early morning, or unexpected phone call always makes me worry!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rachel and John said...

I panic too at middle of the night phone calls! You're not alone.

Jamie said...

Early morning phone calls are the worst! I automatically think something is wrong too! Hope y'all have a great day :)

Lauren said...

I'm with you on the panic that comes with a late night or early morning phone call! I think my heart stops for a brief moment when this happens!

Callie said...

Oh, that's awful! At least it wasn't a bad news phone call.
My heart totally starts thumping whenever I hear the phone ring in the middle of the night - a flash back to my temp days, when they'd call me for a job at 5:00 in the morning and I'd have to leap out of bed and get ready to go - I never should have let them call me the day of like that.

Unknown said...

I think I am more like Ian. I hate mornings. I am certainly more of an Owl than a Lark :)

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

HA! I love that conversation between you and Ian. Sounds like my hubby :) Love it! Mornings are beautiful onceeeee your up!

Alison said...

So funny! I am not an early morning person...much more of a night owl! But I do like mid-morning...just nothing before 7:00 am! :)