Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love My Life

It is Saturday, at 2:30 in the afternoon, and I am sitting at my computer sipping coffee while my girls are napping and my husband is relaxing.

The air is clear and crisp (yes, a chilly 65 degrees in the Middle East- we brought out the parkas. and the boots.)

I have had lunch, gone grocery shopping, folded laundry, loved on my littles, planned a date with my husband, and made steps forward in Grace's potty training. Did I mention it is only 2:30?

It is days like today where I can sit back, sigh, and say "I love my life."

Truly, I do.

There are days when I get caught up in my lack of sleep, annoyed by the cultural differences that surround me, or homesick to the very pit of my stomach. On those days, I completely forget what it is that I love about my life.

But I am living a full life. A happy life. A blessed life.

We have a roof over our heads, a car to drive, food on the table, and work to be productive at. I have a loving husband and two beautiful daughters. I get hugged dozens of times a day, grinned at, laughed with, and cuddled until my heart is content.

Grace brought a smile to my face this morning, on our way back from the grocery store when she started singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." How often I forget that I rest in His palm and am taken care of by the one true Provider.

I've been writing down things I am thankful for. Not every day, but every 5-6 days I sit down and reflect and can usually come up with 10-15 things that have brought a smile to my face or has lightened my heart. A spirit of gratefulness is settling over me and replacing the shrouds of discontent and I am so happy. Relaxed. And Thankful.

Thankful for the life I have been given.

It is not what I pictured for myself or my family, but it is what we should be doing so it is good.

It's not Thanksgiving, but I am so thankful today!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I love everything about this post! You know that I can relate to so many of the things you listed and I it's always such a good reminder to hear about the good stuff! Hugs, friend!

Emily Powell said...

it is so easy to get caught up in what ISN'T and forget about what IS. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

Beautiful post! So glad you are happy, content and enjoying today!